Monday, June 17, 2013

Goodbye CCS, Hello Opportunity!

Guys, It's summer! Totally 100% Summer Vacation Time! 


I've actually been dreading the fact that it was going to be summer, for one reason, and one reason only. Because I'm moving back out to Gladstone, where I grew up actually, and I'm not going to CCS next year. That meant leaving all of my best friends, the small environment of the school I was in, and just the comfort on not fearing of getting lost while walking from class to class. (Yes, that is a gigantic fear of mine!!)

But then I thought about it some more, and came to realization. I am scared. 

Scared of being in a new school. Scared of being in high school. Scared of how big the school is. Scared at the fact that there are going to be twice as many people at the school than previously. Scared of change. Scared of moving from class to class. Scared that I might get lost. Scared that I will get made fun of, or judged for just being me. Just plain scared.

Then I realized how ridiculous I am being. Absolutely ridiculous. 

I mean, it's completely natural for a human to be scared, but knowing me, I would make it restrain me from experiencing so many of life's wonders, and the amazing awesomeness of HIGH SCHOOL! 

If you know me, you know I like to plan. I like to plan for everything. I am an extremely organized (Although, those of you that have seen my room might disagree, but who cares, you get my drift!) and I have a schedule, and I need to know what's happening, and when. Okay? So moving and going to a totally different school, with a totally different environment makes my whole schedule change. That's what scares me to death, and just being around so many more people, scares me. 

Then, I got to thinking, again. I'm not going to let my fear restraining me from making so many awesome memories, and make new friends. I'm not going to let it take over my life, making me curl into a little ball of sadness and fear. No, just no. 

So if there are any other people out there that just so happen to come across this, I hope these quotes help you like they helped me! (: 

“Each of us must confront our own fears, must come face to face with them. How we handle our fears will determine where we go with the rest of our lives. To experience adventure or to be limited by the fear of it.” ~ Judy Blume

“Waiting to develop courage is just another form of procrastination. The most successful people take action while they’re afraid!”  ~ Unknown‎

“I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit.” ~ Dawna Markova

And after getting over all my fear, I can not get over how excited I am! I am so ready to get into some theater classes, because many people know that's what I want to do with my life. I just love it! I'm really quite excited to meet new people, now mind you, I used to live in Gladstone, so I already know quite a few of the people already. I'm just excited to be in high school. 

High School.

High Schoooolll! 

Nope, it still hasn't hit me that I'm a freshman. 

I'm a freshman. 

Nope, not yet! 

Anyways, thank you guys for reading my rant! And before I go, here is one more awesome quote from the lovely Taylor Swift. 

 “This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change.” ― Taylor Swift

















1 comment:

  1. I'll miss you so flippen much girl! I know that you'll just have an amazing time in Gladstone, making new memories! Just don't forget to visit:)

    ReplyDelete